Environment and Health & Safety
Our Environmental Policy has been created for application to all our Allied locations throughout New Zealand to ensure we are continually protecting the environment.
Allied understand that caring for the environment is an integral responsibility in conducting its business activities. To adopt best practice standards in all our business activities, with commitment to continuous improvement, is our fundamental objective.
Our aim is to reduce any negative environmental impact of our activities and to encourage, wherever possible, that suppliers, subcontractors, staff and customers adopt sound environmental practices.
We endeavour to work closely with regulators and our staff to minimise the risk of all forms of pollution and environmental degradation. Across our business we endeavour to:
- Comply with and uphold the spirit of all applicable laws, regulations and standards.
- Plan, develop, implement, and monitor appropriate procedures and standards to minimise any adverse environmental impacts that may result from any operations, both within the office and warehouse, as well as in all field operations, through monitoring changes with any legislation.
- Ensure that all our employees, suppliers and subcontractors are informed of this policy and are made fully aware of their environmental responsibilities in relation to our business activities through display of this policy and regular updates of any changes.
- Actively segregate and where appropriate recycle all materials used in our removal operations through either reuse as packing material or submission to appropriate recycling entities for remanufacture into new materials and products.
- Continue development of electronic systems to reduce the business reliance on hard copy documentation.
- Provide recycle bins and/or other appropriate receptacles within office areas for segregation and recycling of redundant paper documents.
- Encourage use of reusable cups, crockery, cutlery etc. avoiding wherever possible the use of disposable utensils/equipment.
Health & Safety
Allied is committed to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy workplace for all workers, including contractors, clients, visitors and members of the public, whilst complying with all legislations. This is achieved by ensuring that:
- Plant and equipment is maintained and in a safe condition.
- Information, instruction, training and supervision is provided, to ensure that each worker is safe from injury and risks to health.
- Consult and co-operate with workers in all matters relating to health and safety in the workplace.
- Provide a suitable injury management and return to work program.